Create an internet marketing strategy for success
It is no longer good enough to publish a website, optimise the website for a few months and sit back and wait. Those days are long gone. To be successful today you need to have a sustained on-going strategy for marketing your website, don’t set an end date, if you stop, your competitors will capture your share of the market.
How can you afford to continually market your website?
You need a campaign that fits with your business size and goals, set an affordable budget, and measure the results. Measurement is key to success, your agency needs to identify what is working and what is not, they need to change and adapt your strategy as the market changes, measure your agency on results, if they are not successful, fire them and contract a new agency. Your strategy should target results; your website marketing should provide a good return on your investment, website marketing should form part of your overall business plan.
What does an inbound marketing plan look like?
As you can see there are many aspects to a good inbound marketing plan, one oversight many companies make is to separate traditional marketing from their inbound marketing, these traditional marketing platforms still have a role to play, just ensure that they carry a link to your website and make use of QR codes, like this one, which takes you to our home page. Smart phones scan these codes, which open their web browser and take the users directly to your website.
QR codes allow mobile users to quickly scan a code and be directed straight to the page the QR code relates to; place these QR codes on all of your business documents and marketing materials.
Would you like us to create a QR code for your website? Click here and tell us what you need, we will produce one code for free!
Another area that many companies overlook is in-mail marketing. How many staff do you employ? How many emails do they send out each day? Let’s say you employ 10 staff and they send out 20 emails everyday that’s 200 opportunities to link potential customers back to your products and services on your website. In-mail marketing can provide direct messages in your email, special offers, and links back to these offers on your website, if a customer or a supplier of yours sees an offer in one of your emails, they may send it to a friend or family member, in-mail marketing is highly effective, it subtly promotes your product and brand to everyone you email.
If you would like to know more about in-mail marketing click here.
If you are serious about growing your online sales through inbound website marketing, you need to invest in two areas:
• A good agency that will either, do your website marketing for you or work with you to assist you setting up your own marketing strategy
• A tool that will change your marketing forever. With a good inbound marketing plan there are way too many aspects to manage in isolation, you need to invest in a tool that will manage all of these for you, right out of a single dashboard. As well as making your life easier and organising your marketing, the right tool will also provide all of your reporting too, it’s like having a team of experts out their working on your behalf.
To find out more about using a good tool to manage your website marketing, click here and we will send you details of the application that we use to automate our client projects.
Many organisations around the world look for short cuts to put their products and services onto the first page of Google’s search results, Google have been combatting this for as long as they have been delivering search engine results, as soon as they identify a new short cut, they adjust their search engines to defeat it. Each time Google changes its search rules we hear about thousands of websites that are affected by the changes, probably because they are inadvertently using some of these techniques. On the other hand, when these changes do take place, more often than not, websites with a good rounded inbound marketing campaign, see their search results improve.
Inbound marketing, a strategy for business success.
Author: Bill Duff
Don’t lose out!
The Internet has enabled millions of businesses to develop their own low-cost ‘online shop’. However, many of these lose out on potential customers - even if they have a slick, highly animated, world wide, award-winning website. This is because:
- The website can’t be found - No-one knows where it is, so it attracts few sales. Unlike a High Street shop, websites don’t have a captive audience
- Customers don’t just ‘pass by’ - Online shops don’t benefit from potential customers walking past their window display on their way to big brand shops
- It simply gets lost in the crowd - Not marketing your website using Pay Per Click, Search Engine Optimisation or Viral Marketing is a bit like searching in the dark for a particular shirt that’s for sale in a shop somewhere in London. Actually, it’s worse than that - because on the Internet, ‘shops’ have millions of online competitors selling the same or similar products.
Ask the experts
If you have a question about optimising your website, or want to know more about our online marketing services, download our FREE ‘Ten step guide to SEO’ call one of our Search Specialists or email us, one of our staff will be on hand to discuss your requirements.
Call us now on 0845 287 3984 to find out about our free website review and website marketing review.
The first step for existing website owners
If you are looking for a web design company to create a new website design, convert your existing website into an ecommerce web shop, add new features to your website or deliver more traffic to your website using modern inbound marketing techniques, then you need a website review.
Our website reviews are free to all UK based businesses.
Before you change your existing website or marketing strategy review what is working and identify what needs to change.
Click here to book your website review.
Is your website open for business?
The most important aspect of any website is the way in which it is marketed. Unfortunately, many websites aren’t marketed at all by their owners. They may have heard about tools such as Pay Per Click (PPC), Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Viral Marketing, but they’ve probably never used them. As a result, they’re missing out on the whole point of having a website - to bring visitors to the site that are interested in buying your product or service.
There is more to Website Marketing than just search engine optimisation and pay per click advertising; you need a rounded campaign and a strategy to grow your sales. We will help you to maximise your website opportunities, increase click through rates and help you to understand who is actually visiting your website. More importantly, if your visitors are not buying, we can help you identify why.
Website marketing is about matching a customers need when he is ready to make a purchase.
- Need - Website marketing puts your products in front of visitors who need your products
- Match - Website marketing targets visitors that match your criteria, it identifes users that are looking for the goods you sell
- Timing - Website marketing allows you to build a relationship with your potential clients, ensuring that once they are ready to buy, your products are in front of them, your website is the website that they come to. Customers often take three trips to a website before they buy from it, website marketing helps you strike when the time is right.
With our extensive experience and specialist skills, we can help you understand website marketing and how you can use it to build your business and increase sales. All of our marketing team are trained by industry leaders such as Hub Spot and Google. We have been providing effective website marketing services for more than ten years. We have been using website marketing techniques including search engine optimisation (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM), supported with an integrated website marketing strategy, to drive traffic to our customers’ websites. Our search marketing consultants have over 30 years’ combined experience. We specialise in all of the key aspects of online marketing: Search Engine Optimisation, Pay Per Click, link strategies, blog and social media, video and rich media and most important of all email marketing.
To find out more about what a good marketing strategy looks like and what you should be doing to drive more traffic to your website pick up one of our website marketing guides.
Why should you call us today?
We will provide a free website and website marketing review, that way you will know what could be achieved before you make your investment. We will review:
- Your website and its ability to compete against your competitors
- We will review your current search engine optimisation performance
- We will review your Pay Per click campaigns
- We will review your website marketing strategy
We will then tell you what can be done to improve your current search engine optimisation and pay per click advertising results, what you should be doing to increase your website traffic and if you choose us to help, what it would cost. There is absolutely no commitment to buy anything.
Our challenge is to make sure that your products and services appear on the first page of Google and other chosen search engines.
Call us now to discuss your requirements or download one of our guides.
Try this real example:
Antler, the luggage company, is one of our eCommerce customers. Type the keyword luggage into Google; there are nearly 53 Million web pages competing for the keyword luggage, Antler's website is consistently in the top 5 results.